Sunday, December 6, 2009

Craft time

This past week Becca and I made a few crafts. First we did a crazy Styrofoam ball/googly eyed type of thing. I didn't really plan it out we just kinda did it....lol I took some Popsicle sticks and stuck the Styrofoam balls on top and glued on some googly eyes and buttons. She loves gluing stuff. The we made a Popsicle man with more googly eyes and buttons, then she decided she had enough. Here is a crazy picture of the gang!




Then I decided to try her out with beading. I didn't however, have any beads to use but I found some buttons. So I gave her some buttons and a pipe cleaner and showed her how to put a button on and she gave it a try. She absolutely loved this and worked very hard at it, I could tell because she breathes heavy when she concentrates! She put quite a few on and then decided she wanted to wear it so I tied it around her neck for her and she was so proud!




The next day we went to her Grandma's house, who pretty much has a craft store in her house, and Becca got to make a necklace and bracelet out of real beads and wire, not a pipe cleaner. To my surprise she did it quite well and didn't even get mad! She learned quickly after a few attempts to hold onto the bead while she got the wire all the way through, because unlike pipe cleaners, it will slip away.

So I am definitely getting her a bead set for Christmas. :)

0 comments: